Now, in any form of situation, someone will sure to benefit somehow. This is not my first recession since I started work, having braved 911, SARS, Gulf War, Asia Depression….etc, I’ve noticed a common trend among consumers. "B" Brands always emerged as a winner. So what are "B" brands?
"B" brands, or budget brands as what normally a layman will call it, as brands that consumers do not usually think of during the good times. That also equats to the price and quality of the brand. At a time when jobs are getting lesser than the jobseekers, every dollar saved is a dollar stretched.
China car brands are enjoying a brisk and booming business locally putting more weekend plated wheels on our roads,
Hawkers at hawker centres are seeing queues everyday and laughing all the way to the banks,
Wet markets are crowded again after 2 decades of fighting a losing battle with supermarkets,
House Brands are selling better than established brands,
Buses are MRT are the best sardine can in Asia,
POSB are opening more new saving accounts than other banks,
As for Media?
More advertisers are moving from mainstream newspapers to tabloids, from Free-to-air TVs to Cable, from Weekly periodicals to Monthly periodicals, from outdoor billboards to outdoor pillars, from digital format to old skool directories hard backs.
So the "B" brands" or the "usual impossible brands" are on a roll.
Given the current economy, will you go for "B" brands too?
On Singapore Roads
* Met 11 Road Idiots Since my last Blog.
* Total 1507 Road Idiots Encountered on SG Roads.
– (Congrats to SGF2894J Champaign Nissan Latio, You are the 1,000th Idiot)
– SFU7550B Champaign Nissan Sunny, I will hunt you down, Bitch.
* More "Media Free Play" from The Government.
* More Media Associations to represent local media owners.
* All Road Hoggers MUST DIE & All Reckless Bikers Dead.
* Please tell me where can I dine without the presense of PRCs!
* Foreign Talents or Foreign Troublemakers? We shall see.
Click The Below Link Please