Much to my anticipation (or Horror), the whole event was crudely "replicated" like a regular "AdAsia Pub Night".
The venue was pretty cool, however a tad unsuitable for such event. (If you’ve never been to SupperClub, its a Pub/Disco setting complete with Bed & Pillows and serves "Asia Fusion" cusine.
I’ve judged & attended numerous media awards since I got really involved in the industry and I find this SOAA probably the most "un-glamourous". Something, somehow, somewhere doesn’t feel quite right. (No Offence Allein, this is exactly how I am feeling)
What I enjoyed most throughout the event was making a few new friends yesterday, met Dale McAllister (Was shocked that Dale actually read my blog! I was lost for words when he confessed he was my reader!)), Srikanth, John Tan and Norlella from @Life, Jean Claude (or "JC") from Eyeka, Robin from Divine Stienberg, Laurent Fabry from Digital Content Technologies and bumping into Ray Pak, Anita, Summer and Li San from Phd-Network/OMD. (Hey, where’s Ariane?!?).
I will not go into details on who won and who didn’t, it will be published on AdAsia’s website soon.
Event Rating? 4/10
Well, at least the free-flowing Australian Shiraz was not too bad. I prefer Carbernet Sauvigon better.
On Singapore Roads
* Met 6 Road Idiots Since my last Blog.
* Total 1156 Road Idiots Encountered on SG Roads.
– (Congrats to SGF2894 J Champaign Nissan Latio, You are the 1,000th Idiot)
* More "Media Free Play" from The Government.
* More Media Associations to represent local media owners.
* All Road Hoggers Dead & All Reckless Bikers Dead.
* For God’s Sake Clean Up Trash On Public Roads, esp AYE.
* Petrol to return to "Normal" Prices.
* No Roadworks during Peak Hours Please!
* Please tell me where can I dine without the presense of PRCs!
* Foreign Talents or Foreign Troublemakers? We shall see.
Click The Below Link Please