For a start, finally it’s changed to Ritz Carlton instead of Shangri-La (*Clap). Apart from the usual faces that I’d always greet and chat, last night I was shocked when one of my ex-Boss from MediaCorp greeted me. For a few seconds, I was stunned. This person is none other than Patrick Yong. I knew he disliked me when I was working with him many years back, he hated my guts. But after so many years of non-contact, he took the initiative to say "hallo” that touched my heart somewhere. Memories from those days filled my mind. Those days…. Sighs.
Manpreet Singh was as suave as before, didn’t get a chance to greet him as he was swarmed (or should I say mobbed) by so many people.
Ah, the guests at my table were probably the best mix since I started involving myself in media awards. Gan Boon Guan & Arthur Sung (Ex Mindshare) from Starcom, Alice Tan from Mandate (And her Boss Miss Chew), Jimmy Wong from Sentosa (hahaha small world!), Pearlyn Tham from TODAY Newspaper, Irene & Whye KO from the Economists. Was telling Gan after so many awards dinner, finally we get to sit at the same table, (Hahaha). Had a good time updating Alice (Mandate) (More like "gossiping") about the industry news, official and unofficial of course.
The other moment that I enjoyed was the conversation with Ariane Goo from OMD. We had a short but quality chat. I’ve known Ariane since many, many years ago. Through the years, I can say we both saw each other’s growth and rose through the ranks to where we both are today. By the way, Ariane was conferred the title of "Young Media Person of the Year 2008", was so happy for her.
In this industry, it’s not easy to gain recognition.
Anyway, here are some pictures from last night. (For more pictures and information, please visit www.ias.org.sg)
* Yep, I know. I’ve put on weight (AGAIN!)
* Playing a fool at the table. (Well, who cares!!!)
* What remains the morning after……………
On Singapore Roads
* Met 9 Road Idiots Since my last Blog.
* Total 1136 Road Idiots Encountered on SG Roads.
– (Congrats to SGF2894 J Champaign Nissan Latio, You are the 1,000th Idiot)
* More "Media Free Play" from The Government.
* More Media Associations to represent local media owners.
* All Road Hoggers Dead & All Reckless Bikers Dead.
* For God’s Sake Clean Up Trash On Public Roads, esp AYE.
* Petrol to return to "Normal" Prices.
* No Roadworks during Peak Hours Please!
* Please tell me where can I dine without the presense of PRCs!
* Foreign Talents or Foreign Troublemakers? We shall see.