Q : Hey A, need your help. My boss wants to target the "Nerdy" community for our new product due to launch in November. What’s your take on this?
A : What! "Nerds"? Oh no. This segment has always been neglected by most marketeers. I am not really sure.
Q : That’s why I call you.
A : You saying I am a "Nerd"?
Q : Kind of. You are the most boring person I know, so I thought I might just call you and find out how to draw your attention.
A : Simple, just don’t advertise. "Nerds" has our ways of finding out new products. The more you don’t advertise, the more "Nerds" are interested to find out.
Q : Cool. Thanks.
A : Now tell me what exactly are you going to launch?
I had a good laugh after I hung up. Indeed, the "nerd" segment of the market are always left out in most marketing plans. I wonder why.
This group is definitely a huge market if you ask me.
Do you have any better idea to market to "Nerds"?
Email your views to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
On Singapore Roads
* Met 7 Road Idiots Since my last Blog.
* Total 903 Road Idiots Encountered on SG Roads.
* More "Media Free Play" from The Government.
* Form more Media Associations to represent local media owners.
* All Road Hoggers Dead.
* All Reckless Bikers Dead.
* For God’s Sake Clean Up Trash On Public Roads.
* Petrol Companies are Profiteering yet Authorities Don’t Care.
* No Roadworks during Peak Hours Please!
* Please tell me where can I dine without the presense of PRCs!
* Foreign Talents or Foreign Troublemakers? We shall see.